Wednesday 8 April 2009

Meet the Maker - Beads By Sam


Your work has beading, crochet, and delicate detail. How long have you been making jewelry and crafting?
The first time I did anything crafty was when I made 150 wedding gifts for my wedding 4 years ago. I was not a crafty person but I did love craft products. Then I have started to make bead jewellery since January 2008.

What made you open your etsy shop?
I started to make bead jewellery after being introduced to it by my friend Jenny who makes gorgeous necklaces and rings. I have since found making bead jewellery a great therapy for stress relief and a great way to spend my free time. I feel good when I wear my own necklaces and even better when people comment on how nice they look! Friends and family suggested that I start selling the jewellery once they found out that I made them myself. That’s how it all started.

How did you come up with your Etsy shop name?
I wanted a simple shop name that was easy to remember. I used my nickname along with what the shop was about and so ‘Beads By Sam’ was born.

Your jewelry is quite unique. I love how your creations seem organic- the beads do not seem so far removed from their natural state. Is nature an influence on your work? What are your inspirations?
Yes, nature definitely influences my work. I personally love the look and feel of natural materials. Last year I went to an amazing resort in Thailand where everything was made from natural materials. It was a great inspiration. I have also tried to find a way to keep myself busy in my free time and be happy in what I am doing. I have found happiness in making bead jewellery.
What would you like to tell people about your shop?
I hope you will enjoy my jewellery as much as I enjoy making them.

No comments: