Saturday 23 August 2008

Meet the Makers - Steph Jones of Handmade Heaven


As soon as I saw Steph's fabulous pieces I knew that having my husband with me at the craft fair was either going to be a good thing or a bad thing, perhaps both. Someone to restrain me or someone to fund my lack of restraint... Either way I have to say that there are a few pieces of hers that I am already drooling over and think would make great gifts for my in-laws.

So I shall just step back and continue work on my mental shopping list and let Steph take over...


     



My name's Steph and I'm a glass addict!! I'm a contemporary kiln-fused glass artist living and working in Cheltenham on the edge of the Cotswolds. Working under the name Handmade Heaven, I hand craft affordable 'artworks' for everyday use, showcase artwork for wall-mounting and display, gifts and 'wearable' art in the form of jewellery for men and women, with this range ever-expanding as I try new ideas and techniques.
Over my time working with glass, I've become something of a 'coaster-queen', producing unique, fun and funky designs in bold and bright colours. My work has been described as "sweets for the eyes", real eye-candy stuff, and it's funny how many people have a strange urge to eat my glassy products! They do have that quality of boiled sweets about them but I wouldn't recommend them for consumption! 

I'm really looking forward to being part of the Handm@de event, nestling in amongst other home-grown talent for today.

No comments: