Thursday 15 October 2009

Meet the Maker - PennyDog Accessories

This week we're chatting to Kerry of PennyDog Accessories. Kerry is returning to Oxford this year with her gorgeous resin jewellery and accessories.


1) Where does the name PennyDog come from? Its quite unusual!

PennyDog came about when I adopted a greyhound- Penny- and I wanted to donate money through my craft to rehoming more ex-racers by donating to the Retired Greyhound Trust.



2) How long have you been making resin jewellery? It looks like it takes a lot of time and effort to create.

It actually doesn’t take that long at all as it’s made in batches and there’s a lot of waiting around for it to cure. I’ve been making jewellery for over 10 years since I sold it to my teachers at school during lessons! I’ve tried various mediums including Precious Metal Clay, polymer clay, beadweaving, etc. Resin has been something I’ve worked with for coming up to 18 months now so it looks like I’m sticking with it this time!



3) Are you exhibiting anywhere else in the next few months?

I am setting up a workshop/gallery space due to launch on 1st November so a lot of my time before then is being devoted to the set up of that and filling orders from my stockists for Christmas. However there are a few big fairs, about 5 weekend days in a row over November, my details are over here!


4) If you had to choose one thing to buy at Handm@de Oxford, what would it be?

I already have a beautiful crochet necklace from Blue Fish Handmade, so I think it will have to be a vintage fabric doggy from Fabric Nation, I’ve had my eye on one for ages!

No comments: